I finally got some seedlings started for the season. I am going to be doing a garden around our pond area, and am incredibly excited to get started. I planted the following seeds:
- Butterfly Weed (Asclepias tuberosa)
- Love-in-the-Mist (Nigella damascena)
- Johnny Jump-ups (Viola tricolor)
- Snapdragons (Anntirhinum majus)
- Lobelia (Lobelia erinus)
- Painted Daisies (Pyrethrum)
- Bachelor Buttons (Centaurea cyanus)
The painted daisies were the first to emerge just several days after planting, followed closely by the snapdragons and lobelia. The butterfly weed and Nigella have just begun to pop up.
Each protruding seedling raises my anticipation for moving everything outdoors just that much more.
I also have seeds for Marigolds, Snowball Marigolds, and Nasturtium (Tropaeolum majus), which I will sow outdoors once the weather is consistently warm enough, as well as some plant orders from a couple of catalogs.
5 years ago